Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What did you do today?

That's a question I frequently ask Emma when she gets home from school. I guess like most kids, she doesn't generally give much, if any, information. But I keep trying. I try to ask leading questions - trying to get any information out of her. Last night, the conversation went like this:

Mom: What did you do at school today?
Emma: Nothing.
Mom: You just sat and stared at the wall all day?
Emma: Yes.
Mom: Did you ride a bicycle?
Emma: No, I rode a bus.
Mom: Then what did you do?
Emma: I got off the bus and went inside.
Mom (excited that I might be getting somewhere with this conversation): Then what did you do?
Emma: I went outside, got on the bus, and came home.

Well, at least it was a conversation. Not a wealth of information - but a conversation. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment