Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bye Bye Training Wheels

Heidi's latest accomplishment - of which she is very proud, and we are very excited - is riding her bike without training wheels!!! She has been riding a balance bike for several months and it seemed like she was doing pretty well with that. But I wasn't sure how that would translate to her bike and the need to pedal. But when I mentioned it, she was eager to try. The very first try, I held her while she put her feet on the pedals. I walked behind her holding her for about 10 feet and then let go and off she went! Within about 30 minutes of working at it, she was starting all by herself. (It's wonderful to have a flat drive way and live on a cul-de-sac for things like this!) It's really neat to watch her.

We have concluded that she needs a bigger bike - she looks a bit like a bear at the circus. So I know what I'll be looking for at the Spring consignment sales! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment