Saturday, November 26, 2011

Boomerangs & Tea Party

The weekend of November 11-13, Jason and I hosted the US Boomerang Team Trials at the International Horse Park in Conyers. This event was three days of throwing that decided who will represent the US in the 2012 Boomerang World Cup being held in Brazil. Jason and I were both supposed to throw in the event, but I sprained my ankle the Wednesday before and was on crutches for a couple days, so I did not end up throwing. (For inquiring minds, Jason finished as part of the second team of six. The US is planning to send three teams of six to Brazil.)

Since Conyers is about an hour from our house, we decided to stay at the hotel in Conyers with everyone else. There were 22 competitors from across the country and a few others to run the event. It was a fun weekend with friends and it provided some rest (for my ankle and me as a whole) and down time that I really needed.

While we were out at the boomerang field, our girls were with Grammy & Papa. They went to a craft bazaar in town and got to see a parade. The highlights of the parade - according to the girls - were bands, heroes (military personnel), and the Chick-fil-A cow! :-) While they were at Grammy & Papa's house, they got dressed up and had a tea party with milk, cookies & muffins. Looks like they had a great time!Well dressed men can be invited to the tea party too.Both the tea party and the boomerang tournament were a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment