Sunday, July 18, 2010

Painted Nails

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not one who generally has painted finger nails. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've had a manicure - and all but one were for someone's wedding that I was in. However, having three little girls has changed that a little.

It started with Heidi's visit to her friend's house where they have "spa day" most Fridays and the mom paints her daughter's nails. Heidi happened to be visiting on a "spa day" and had her nails painted too. And we're not talking just painted - she put polka dots and sparkles on them. So I've had a standard to live up to. While we don't paint them every Friday (not even close), she really likes to have them painted. And she likes variety. A couple weeks ago each hand and foot was painted differently. Here's a sample of our most recent nail painting.Cover Girl.
It's fun and I'm getting better. Emma has even let me paint hers once. And yes, I am painting mine more often now too. As Jason phrased it, Heidi is rubbing off on me. :-) But don't look too closely - it's far from manicure quality. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment