Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trying to Keep Up

Rachel is 20+ months old now, but she has to think she's 4 just like Heidi. She is trying her best to keep up with, do all the same things, etc. This can be good and bad (the party that "bad" applies to varies). Like she thinks she can drink out of a water bottle just like the rest of us do - however she's not really that good at it yet - thus, I had a very wet driver's seat one day this week ("bad" for mom).

She likes playing with Heidi - seems like a love/hate relationship at times, but I guess that's just how it goes with siblings. This last week they were both on the trampoline while I was loading the car to head to the soccer field. I was just coming back in to the garage when Heidi meets me on the stairs... "Mom, I hit my lip and Rachel hit her head." I looked at her lip and it was a little puffy, but not bleeding. Then I go check on Rachel, who is still on the trampoline crying a little and I see this...A bruise that had popped up right away and was nice and purple.

I asked Heidi, "Now tell me what happened, again?" Heidi says, "well, we were playing ring a round the rosy, pocket full of posy, ashes ashes, we all do our silly trick and I hit my lip and she hit her head." That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I couldn't resist including this picture. Check out the curls this girl is getting!!!Finally, she likes wearing this hat (thanks cousin Lindsay!). Sometimes she'll try putting it on by herself. And when she does, this is often how it ends up. Cute as can be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment