Friday, February 10, 2012

Sock Hop

East Side's Annual Sock Hop was this past Saturday. I have continued to acquire poodle skirts from consignment sales, so everyone had one (except me)! I figure we'll be "Sock-Hopping" 'til 2021, so they'll get used! :-)It was a fun time! Heidi tried to hula hoop.Rachel was in a bit of a daze. I think the loud music and all the kids were a little overwhelming to her and she had not had a nap.She did not make it through the dance - she crashed hard in our neighbor's arms.

Emma danced some to a few of the songs they use in PE (I think). It's cute to watch.At last year's sock hop, Heidi made quick friends with one of Emma's classmates. When we told her the Sock Hop was coming up, she wanted to know if Lawson would be there. She decided to make several pictures to give to Lawson. Thankfully, Lawson was there and was very sweet to hang out with Heidi.Heidi watched Lawson and tried to copy all her dance moves. But she knew this one already - the Chicken Dance.It was interesting to watch Heidi. I've been thinking she's pretty ready for Kindergarten. But watching her roam around with all the elementary kids (K-2), made me realize she's still young. It'll be interesting to see how much she looks to her older sister once they are at the same school in the Fall. It's a BIG place!It was a fun family evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment