Friday, March 25, 2011

Rachel at 18 months

Rachel was 18 months on March 4. She is a busy, busy, busy girl trying to do everything she sees her sisters do. It's a good thing I didn't have pictures scheduled on her 18 month birthday, because the night before she tripped and hit the pavement at the ice cream shop. I wish I'd had my camera 'cause she actually landed on her ice cream cone and it was all over her face when I picked her up. I couldn't help but laugh. (It was the last 1/5 or so of my cone, so not a lot of precious ice cream lost.) So she had some nice abrasions on her nose and forehead for several days.She is learning more and more words including bye-bye, boo-boo, various animal sounds, uh-oh, please, up, and probably others I'm not remembering at the moment. Heidi is always trying to get her to imitate whatever she's saying.

Rachel really likes to dance and play music. She'll play on her keyboard.And she's taught herself how to play the harmonica. :-)
Her two favorite songs these days are "If you're happy and you know it" and "The wheels on the bus." They end up on repeat on the CD player in the car. She does a great job with hand motions for both. Here is a video of Heidi singing Wheels on the bus and Rachel doing some of her motions.

She recently had her first lollipop, thanks to our pediatrician's office. She has been wanting one for quite awhile - especially when she sees Emma or Heidi get one. I finally let her have one and she was VERY excited about it. She probably only put it in her mouth a few times, but she enjoyed carrying it around.Finally she LOVES being outside! The Spring weather has allowed us all to be outside more and Rachel loves it - it's hard to get her to come inside when it's time. Once we get outside, she'll take my finger and lead me to the swing set or the trampoline. We'll enjoy it as much as we can before it gets hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment