Sunday, March 6, 2011

Heidi Quotes

Heidi frequently wakes up before Emma leaves for school (so before 7AM). But during their Winter Break a couple weeks ago, I was stressing to them that they could sleep until the sun came up. If it was dark, it was still night time and they should just roll over and go back to sleep.

So, last week, Heidi asks me, "Mommy, why does Emma have to get up in the middle of the night to go to school?"
*************************
Heidi's teacher emailed me this story. Apparently last week at circle time they were going around telling their classmates what they did over Winter Break. Heidi was towards the end of the circle. When her teacher asked her what she did, she said, "I don't really remember what I did, but I should have gone to Disney!"
*************************
Heidi strikes me as a child who is going to want to do everything. And she's probably going to like everything too. She has been talking about wanting to do ballet at school like some of her friends do (they have an after school program). On the way home from school last Thursday she was asking when she was going to get to play soccer like Emma. Then she mentioned something about playing basketball. So I said, "Wow Heidi, you want to do everything - you do gymnastics, you want to play soccer and basketball and do ballet. Is there anything else you want to do?" And without hesitation, she answered, "Play golf!"
**************************

No comments:

Post a Comment