Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rachel at 6 Months

Rachel was 6 months old on March 4. My how time flies! She continues to be a very good, happy baby. At her 6 month check up, she weighed in at 14 lbs. 12.5 oz. and was 24 inches long. We are seeing signs of teeth (stuffy nose and drool), but no pearly whites yet.

She is sitting up on her own very well. She enjoys sitting on her quilt in the playroom with her collection of toys. Her flexibility amazes me how she can reach straight out way beyond her toes to reach a toy that she wants. She does a good job entertaining herself - and Heidi always enjoys helping too.We have recently pulled out the jolly jumper and the exersaucer - both of which she seems to enjoy - at least for short periods of time.We have introduced her to rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, peas and sweet potatoes. However, she has not seemed gung ho about any of it. I have been blessed with two very good eaters thus far - maybe she's going to be my picky one (like I was - I've gotten MUCH better!). :-)She's getting a nice layer of fuzz on her head. The jury is still out as to what color it's going to be - but let's just say, it is not getting darker.

She babbles a lot and can be quite loud at times. I wish I had been recording at the dinner table a couple nights ago - it was practically deafening with Rachel "yelling," Heidi singing loudly, and Emma laughing. It was a little overwhelming, but I had to just smile.

I hope to take Rachel to get official 6 month portraits made, but in the meantime, here are some recent pictures.

Our chunky little monkey!Rolling over!So these are called toes.Can I have some of your water, Mom?
Three happy girls in their blue PJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment